- Fellow - Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- MD - University of California, San Francisco
- PhD - Biostatistics, University of California, Berkeley
- Causal inference
- Dynamic treatment regimes
- Antiretroviral resistance
Dr. Petersen's research focuses on the development and application of novel causal inference methods to problems in health, with a focus on the treatment and prevention of HIV. She has a strong interest in and has published on the interface between biostatistics, epidemiology, and clinical medicine.